    Carolyn
    --
    Carolyn Marenger

    Carolyn Marenger, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Carolyn Marenger

    Stan McCann Guest

    Carolyn Marenger <> wrote in
    news:ad190$442c04c9$cf703e09$:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > Any comments on netobjects fusion? Does it produce decently coded
    > pages? valid html & css and so forth?

    Carolyn, I don't know either of the apps you're asking about. I tried
    (cold?) fusion once (or something similarly named) but wasn't impressed
    with its approach at "site" management. I've tried many of those site
    management apps and wasn't impressed with any.

    I've found that (for me) the best way to create a clean valid page/site
    is hand coding. I use a plain text editor that has syntax
    highlighting. For me, UltraEdit 10 is the "only" way.

    --
    Stan McCann, "Uncle Pirate" http://stanmccann.us/
    Webmaster, NMSU at Alamogordo http://alamo.nmsu.edu/

    Stan McCann, Mar 30, 2006

  3. Stan McCann wrote:

    > Carolyn Marenger <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hey all,
    >>
    >> Any comments on netobjects fusion? Does it produce decently coded
    >> pages? valid html & css and so forth?

    > Carolyn, I don't know either of the apps you're asking about. I tried
    > (cold?) fusion once (or something similarly named) but wasn't impressed
    > with its approach at "site" management. I've tried many of those site
    > management apps and wasn't impressed with any.
    >
    > I've found that (for me) the best way to create a clean valid page/site
    > is hand coding. I use a plain text editor that has syntax
    > highlighting. For me, UltraEdit 10 is the "only" way.

    I use kwrite myself. But this isn't for myself, some friends are looking
    around for a shortcut to produce quality web pages. I keep pointing back
    to them, that there are no shortcuts without sacrifices.

    Thanks for your response.

    Carolyn
    --
    Carolyn Marenger

    Carolyn Marenger, Mar 30, 2006
  4. Carolyn Marenger

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Carolyn Marenger quothed:

    > Stan McCann wrote:
    >
    > > Carolyn Marenger <> wrote in
    > >
    > >> Hey all,
    > >>
    > >> Any comments on netobjects fusion? Does it produce decently coded
    > >> pages? valid html & css and so forth?

    > > Carolyn, I don't know either of the apps you're asking about. I tried
    > > (cold?) fusion once (or something similarly named) but wasn't impressed
    > > with its approach at "site" management. I've tried many of those site
    > > management apps and wasn't impressed with any.
    > >
    > > I've found that (for me) the best way to create a clean valid page/site
    > > is hand coding. I use a plain text editor that has syntax
    > > highlighting. For me, UltraEdit 10 is the "only" way.
    > >

    > I use kwrite myself. But this isn't for myself, some friends are looking
    > around for a shortcut to produce quality web pages. I keep pointing back
    > to them, that there are no shortcuts without sacrifices.

    "Those who do not wish to learn will forever suffer the exigencies of
    ignorance."

    - Neredbojias

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Mar 30, 2006
  5. Carolyn Marenger wrote:

    > I use kwrite myself. But this isn't for myself, some friends are looking
    > around for a shortcut to produce quality web pages. I keep pointing back
    > to them, that there are no shortcuts without sacrifices.

    I'm not a web guru myself, but I find that using something like Mozilla
    to get the basic framework down and then hand-editing saves a lot of
    time and prevents a lot of bonehead errors.

    I've never found an HTML editor with a paradigm that matched the way I
    think.... So I use a combination of Kate and vi....

    (And if you use Kwrite, you should try Kate....)

    --Yan

    Captain Dondo, Mar 30, 2006
  6. Carolyn Marenger

    kchayka Guest

    Carolyn Marenger wrote:

    > Any comments on netobjects fusion? Does it produce decently coded pages?
    > valid html & css and so forth?

    Net Objects Fusion generates some of the worst code you'll ever see.
    Don't use it. Ever.

    kchayka, Apr 1, 2006
  7. Captain Dondo wrote:

    > Carolyn Marenger wrote:
    >
    >> I use kwrite myself. But this isn't for myself, some friends are looking
    >> around for a shortcut to produce quality web pages. I keep pointing back
    >> to them, that there are no shortcuts without sacrifices.

    > I'm not a web guru myself, but I find that using something like Mozilla
    > to get the basic framework down and then hand-editing saves a lot of
    > time and prevents a lot of bonehead errors.
    >
    > I've never found an HTML editor with a paradigm that matched the way I
    > think.... So I use a combination of Kate and vi....
    >
    > (And if you use Kwrite, you should try Kate....)
    >
    > --Yan

    I actually did try kate for a while, and I decided to have a look around for
    something ewlse. I ended up deciding that kwrite was quite good. What am
    I missing since I gave up kate? Maybe I will go back and take another look
    at it.

    Carolyn
    --
    Carolyn Marenger

    Carolyn Marenger, Apr 3, 2006
  8. Carolyn Marenger wrote:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > Any comments on netobjects fusion? Does it produce decently coded pages?
    > valid html & css and so forth?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Carolyn

    Fair but some bugs.