netobjects fusion comments

Carolyn Marenger

Hey all,

Any comments on netobjects fusion? Does it produce decently coded pages?
valid html & css and so forth?

Thanks,

Carolyn

Stan McCann

Hey all,

Any comments on netobjects fusion? Does it produce decently coded
pages? valid html & css and so forth?

Carolyn, I don't know either of the apps you're asking about. I tried
(cold?) fusion once (or something similarly named) but wasn't impressed
with its approach at "site" management. I've tried many of those site
management apps and wasn't impressed with any.

I've found that (for me) the best way to create a clean valid page/site
is hand coding. I use a plain text editor that has syntax
highlighting. For me, UltraEdit 10 is the "only" way.

Carolyn Marenger

Stan said:
Carolyn, I don't know either of the apps you're asking about. I tried
(cold?) fusion once (or something similarly named) but wasn't impressed
with its approach at "site" management. I've tried many of those site
management apps and wasn't impressed with any.

I've found that (for me) the best way to create a clean valid page/site
is hand coding. I use a plain text editor that has syntax
highlighting. For me, UltraEdit 10 is the "only" way.

I use kwrite myself. But this isn't for myself, some friends are looking
around for a shortcut to produce quality web pages. I keep pointing back
to them, that there are no shortcuts without sacrifices.

Thanks for your response.

Carolyn

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Carolyn Marenger quothed:
I use kwrite myself. But this isn't for myself, some friends are looking
around for a shortcut to produce quality web pages. I keep pointing back
to them, that there are no shortcuts without sacrifices.

"Those who do not wish to learn will forever suffer the exigencies of
ignorance."

- Neredbojias

Captain Dondo

Carolyn said:
I use kwrite myself. But this isn't for myself, some friends are looking
around for a shortcut to produce quality web pages. I keep pointing back
to them, that there are no shortcuts without sacrifices.

I'm not a web guru myself, but I find that using something like Mozilla
to get the basic framework down and then hand-editing saves a lot of
time and prevents a lot of bonehead errors.

I've never found an HTML editor with a paradigm that matched the way I
think.... So I use a combination of Kate and vi....

(And if you use Kwrite, you should try Kate....)

--Yan

kchayka

Carolyn said:
Any comments on netobjects fusion? Does it produce decently coded pages?
valid html & css and so forth?

Net Objects Fusion generates some of the worst code you'll ever see.
Don't use it. Ever.

Carolyn Marenger

Captain said:
I'm not a web guru myself, but I find that using something like Mozilla
to get the basic framework down and then hand-editing saves a lot of
time and prevents a lot of bonehead errors.

I've never found an HTML editor with a paradigm that matched the way I
think.... So I use a combination of Kate and vi....

(And if you use Kwrite, you should try Kate....)

--Yan

I actually did try kate for a while, and I decided to have a look around for
something ewlse. I ended up deciding that kwrite was quite good. What am
I missing since I gave up kate? Maybe I will go back and take another look
at it.

Carolyn

Runja Hasslich

Carolyn said:
Hey all,

Any comments on netobjects fusion? Does it produce decently coded pages?
valid html & css and so forth?

Thanks,

Carolyn
Fair but some bugs.