Nevow examples

Travis Oliphant

There was a request for nevow examples. Nevow is a fantastic
web-development framework for Python.

I used nevow to create http://www.scipy.org/livedocs/

This site uses nevow and self introspection to produce (live)
documentation for scipy based on the internal docstrings. It would be
nice to add the capability for users to update the documentation through
the web-site. But, that functionality is not complete.

The code itself is available in the util directory of scipy which can be
checked out of CVS (or browsed). Go to http://www.scipy.org for mor
details.

-Travis Oliphant

Ed Suominen

Travis, that's a very nice use of Nevow. I'm going to look into using it for
documenting my own stuff.

Here's another example, my boss's web site, which uses Twisted/Nevow to
implement virtual hosting, dynamic image generation with caching,
dynamically-updated parsing of a site-wide config file that determines
almost all the layout you see, and dynamic mark-up generation with
restructured-text parsing of plain text source files.

http://valuablepatents.com

A static vhost run under the same Twisted/Nevow server is at
http://eepatents.com.

I make new servers by simply adding a DNS entry in BIND and then making a
new directory in /var/www/ with a site.conf file in it if it's dynamic, or
just with static files if it's static, or with a side.mod file if it the
vhost's root resource is generated from a named module imported
from /var/www/_modules/.

I will be providing a release and possibly read-only public access to the
SVN repository for the underlying code soon. It will be distributed under
the LGPL.

Chris

Does anyone know of a site(s) that shows examples of what you can do
with Nevow? I'm not necessarily referring to code, but what it can do
over the web. (Something I can show my boss if needed.)