New IIS setup for Source Code with 1.1.4322 Framework

Guest

Ok, I am about to install IIS, but I wanted some guidance. I noticed that
out of the box, my W2k3 server box has a folder in the microsoft.net
framework directory for ver 1.1.4322. When I go through the IIS setup, I
also see a box to check for asp.net. I see that IIS has support for regular
asp. WHat happens when I choose the asp.net button as part of the windows
components to add.

Basically, I need to know what to check, and what happens when I check those
boxes (i.e Front page extensions, etc), as I prepare my web server to host my
source code that is a mixture of visual basic and .aspx files.

Guest

Final solution that seemed to work:

Ok, the quick rundown

Fixed the ldap references In the code

Replaced the username and passwords for accounts in our domain (Remember
this code came from a separate company)

Installed Oracle Client software on Server

Installed Oracle OLE DB connectivity software (ODAC) from Oracle’s website.
This seemed to resolve the error I got in regards to the Oracle Client not
being found

Finally, the account used to access the database did not have the right to
view specific tables. It could see the list of tables, but not specific
tables.

My DBA had to create synonyms for the account used to access the database to
mimic the account that had ownership of the tables in the database.

At this point, I can now connect, perform queries on the tables, etc ,etc..

Wallah, thanks for the journey,

Thanks for all of your help