Problem with ASP.Net version switching: select 1.1.4322

ben

Hi there, I am trying to configure a brand new Windows 2003 server. I
need to move an intranet application onto this server, however, I have
the following problem with ASP.Net.

In the properties for the Default Web Site in IIS, on the ASP.Net tab,
there is only 1 version of .Net available to select for the website: 2.

The application was originally written against 1.1.4322, and I need to
target this version. I have tried running the aspnet_regiis.exe tool
from C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\V1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe,
but this returns the following error:

Aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/ROOT/MyApp
An error has occurred (0x8007064e).
The error indicates that this version of ASP.NET must first be
registered on the machine.

I have no idea how to resolve this problem. The folder is there for
1.1.4322, this is a standard installation, why is this version not
already registered?

If anyone can help me resolve this problem, I would be most grateful :)

Regards, Ben Empson

Karl Seguin [MVP]

(a)
try
aspnet_regiis -i

(b)
download and reinstall the redistributable.

Karl

Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
First time user... so please excuse if I am not allowed to ask ?s

Hello All...

I have just this very night registered into this environment.
So I am not sure if "asking" questions related to a topic string is OK ?

Therefore if a new user is only allowed cerain priviliges, and I (as one) am braking certain rules... sorry in advance...

But in line with the above topic of ASP.NET 1.4322 versions etc....
I am facing an Installation issue...

So maybe some good soul out there may help me with my issue...

I have set up a New Lap-Top (4 gig Memory.. so quite Ok), as a dual operating system.
Primary being XP, and 2nd being as a Windows 2003 Server...
(Server is where I have an issue)

I am trying to complete al of my prerequisites before I can Install:
"Business Portal for Dynamics GP10".

I have ONE last issue...

Even though I believe I have successfully located & downloaded & Installed:
ASP.NET Version 2 (Install exe) =
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

executable is: dotnetfx.exe

When I do a prerequisite check I still get:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\...

Directories :
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705 &
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

NO... "v2" !? (even though when I Install dotnetfx.exe ALL seemed OK..
and at the end of several minutes.. I got a successfull
Installation result)...

The error in the prerequisite occurs in:

| | We Sites |failed| Message
| | - Default Web Sites | |
|X | ASP.NET Version |failed| Your ASP.NET Version: 1.1.4322,
Requirement Version: 2.0

Any Ideas ???????

Once again if I am not supposed to, or allowed to ask new questions, please forgive & ignore this message in its entirety.

Regards
Steve