New OpenOpt/FuncDesigner release 0.32

Discussion in 'Python' started by dmitrey, Dec 15, 2010.

  1. dmitrey

    dmitrey Guest

    Hi all,
    I'm glad to inform you about new quarterly OpenOpt/FuncDesigner
    release (0.32):

    OpenOpt:
    * New class: LCP (and related solver)
    * New QP solver: qlcp
    * New NLP solver: sqlcp
    * New large-scale NSP (nonsmooth) solver gsubg. Currently it still
    requires lots of improvements (especially for constraints - their
    handling is very premature yet and often fails), but since the solver
    sometimes already works better than ipopt, algencan and other
    competitors it was tried with, I decided to include the one into the
    release.
    * Now SOCP can handle Ax <= b constraints (and bugfix for handling lb
    <= x <= ub has been committed)
    * Some other fixes and improvements

    FuncDesigner:
    * Add new function removeAttachedConstraints
    * Add new oofuns min and max (their capabilities are quite restricted
    yet)
    * Systems of nonlinear equations: possibility to assign personal
    tolerance for an equation
    * Some fixes and improvements

    For more details see our forum entry
    http://forum.openopt.org/viewtopic.php?id=325