New to this ng -- simple question

Guest

Hi to all longtime regulars -- this is a simple one I'm sure for you folks.
I'm finally getting around to learning CSS and I have a problem. I have set
up a simple external stylesheet in which I've defined H3 as:

h3 {
color: #800000;
font: normal normal bold Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif;
}

In NVu (Composer based wysiwyg) H3 headings appear correctly coloured as
Arial type. However, when I view the page in either Firefox or IE, the
colour is correct but the font is Times-New Roman (Serif). I'm stumped as to
why this is. Throw me a bone, someone!

brucie

In alt.html said:
Hi to all longtime regulars -- this is a simple one I'm sure for you
folks.
I'm finally getting around to learning CSS and I have a problem. I have
set
up a simple external stylesheet in which I've defined H3 as:

h3 {
color: #800000;
font: normal normal bold Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif;
}

In NVu (Composer based wysiwyg) H3 headings appear correctly coloured as
Arial type. However, when I view the page in either Firefox or IE, the
colour is correct but the font is Times-New Roman (Serif). I'm stumped
as to
why this is. Throw me a bone, someone!

Best guess, not knowing the program - AFAIK when you use font: you are
required to set size. Its absence may be making the browser ignore the
whole rule, and rendering in the default font. Set a size, even if just
100%, before the family list.

Mark Parnell

Best guess, not knowing the program - AFAIK when you use font: you are
required to set size. Its absence may be making the browser ignore the
whole rule, and rendering in the default font. Set a size, even if just
100%, before the family list.

Cheeky. ;-)

Neal

Best guess, not knowing the program - AFAIK when you use font: you are
required to set size. Its absence may be making the browser ignore the
whole rule, and rendering in the default font. Set a size, even if just
100%, before the family list.

There was a farmer had a dog,
And BINGO was his name-o!

/claps maniacally