    Arial type. However, when I view the page in either Firefox or IE, the
    colour is correct but the font is Times-New Roman (Serif). I'm stumped as to
    why this is. Throw me a bone, someone!

    Guest, Oct 25, 2004

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html <<M>> said:

    > Hi to all longtime regulars -- this is a simple one I'm sure for you
    > folks.
    > I'm finally getting around to learning CSS and I have a problem. I have
    > set
    > up a simple external stylesheet in which I've defined H3 as:
    >
    > h3 {
    > color: #800000;
    > font: normal normal bold Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif;
    > }
    >
    > In NVu (Composer based wysiwyg) H3 headings appear correctly coloured as
    > Arial type. However, when I view the page in either Firefox or IE, the
    > colour is correct but the font is Times-New Roman (Serif). I'm stumped
    > as to
    > why this is. Throw me a bone, someone!

    Best guess, not knowing the program - AFAIK when you use font: you are
    required to set size. Its absence may be making the browser ignore the
    whole rule, and rendering in the default font. Set a size, even if just
    100%, before the family list.

    --

    v o i c e s
    brucie, Oct 26, 2004

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:51:53 +1000, brucie <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > Best guess, not knowing the program - AFAIK when you use font: you are
    > required to set size. Its absence may be making the browser ignore the
    > whole rule, and rendering in the default font. Set a size, even if just
    > 100%, before the family list.

    Cheeky. ;-)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Oct 26, 2004

    Neal Guest

    On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:51:53 +1000, brucie <> wrote:

    > Best guess, not knowing the program - AFAIK when you use font: you are
    > required to set size. Its absence may be making the browser ignore the
    > whole rule, and rendering in the default font. Set a size, even if just
    > 100%, before the family list.

    There was a farmer had a dog,
    And BINGO was his name-o!

    /claps maniacally