New window with no buttons

Karl Groves

Whitecrest said:
You didn't ask that, you asked me what I do for a living now. Prior to
owning the company I was the senior web developer for Headhunter.net
(now careerbuilder.com)

Neat. How did you like working with UserWorks out of Silver Spring, MD on
the usability of that site?

-Karl

Grahammer

Whitecrest said:
But it is his content, and his right to display it in a manner that he
feels is the most appropriate. He makes a choice, you make a choice.

Good.. he has my browser WINDOW, not the whole browser.

Next you're going to tell us that a television should be able to disable the
remote control is the show wants to.

Those controls belong to the BROWSER and not the content.

Any site that resizes my browser, hides my controls, pops up windows, etc.
gets blacklisted from our network.

Whitecrest

Good.. he has my browser WINDOW, not the whole browser...
Those controls belong to the BROWSER and not the content.

Actually they are part of the content. I have decided that that the
content is best displayed in a window on my choosing. You can decide to
leave if you like.

Noozer

Whitecrest said:
Actually they are part of the content. I have decided that that the
content is best displayed in a window on my choosing. You can decide to
leave if you like.

How, if you take all the buttons away?

DU

Karl said:
In other words, you have no professional experience creating websites and
need to STFU about what the user wants.
Plain and simple.

-Karl

Don't waste time with Whitecrest: he's not worth it. Many people don't
answer him anymore. The guy does not understand usability and the large
majority of his own posts in the last 2 years were clearly going against
making a site more accessible. This Whitecrest guy typically has
like-it-or-not manners when posting and when making a website.

DU

Whitecrest

Don't waste time with Whitecrest: he's not worth it. Many people don't
answer him anymore. The guy does not understand usability and the large
majority of his own posts in the last 2 years were clearly going against
making a site more accessible. This Whitecrest guy typically has
like-it-or-not manners when posting and when making a website.

Oh DU, you are just pissed there is a different point of view from
yours. You are so silly some times.

Karl Groves

DU said:
Don't waste time with Whitecrest: he's not worth it. Many people don't
answer him anymore. The guy does not understand usability and the large
majority of his own posts in the last 2 years were clearly going against
making a site more accessible. This Whitecrest guy typically has
like-it-or-not manners when posting and when making a website.

You're 100% right. I shoulda killfiled him a long time ago.
Most of the time, the killfile is reserved for blatant trolls and those who
can't seem to post right (unrepentant top-posters, mostly) and those who
can't post on-topic.
I've continued to argue with this guy under the silly impression that
someone really can't be *that* stupid and clueless. Well, I've proven myself
wrong. It is now obvious that my optimism has gotten the best of me. Someone
really can be that stupid and clueless, and Whitecrest is proof positive.

Thank you, DU for pointing out my lapse of judgment.

-Karl

Whitecrest

You're 100% right. I shoulda killfiled him a long time ago.
Most of the time, the killfile is reserved for blatant trolls and those who
can't seem to post right (unrepentant top-posters, mostly) and those who
can't post on-topic.

Oh please don't kill file me... please...please...
Thank you, DU for pointing out my lapse of judgment.

No I pointed out your laps in judgement, DU is only leading you down the
blinders path. Pity you can not see the trees.

DU

Whitecrest said:
Oh DU, you are just pissed there is a different point of view from
yours.

I *_sometimes_* agree with you actually, and not just on the popup
issue. I try not to have a closed mind. I do use popup windows on my
site, you see. And I'm not afraid of challenging anyone to examine my
pages (as long as they forgive the server-side code that brinkster.com
adds to my pages which breaks compliance and validness of my pages).

But the gap between you and me is really about clear, explicit support
and promotion of accessibility in a website. You don't have such support
and you don't commit at making a site more accessible.

You are so silly some times.

You have abrasive manners, sometimes pretty close to personal attacks.
You have like-it-or-not manners; not just with people in this newsgroup
but with your web authoring manners.
One thing is absolutely sure in my mind: you'll never admit being wrong
and you'll never admit you may have been mistaken here or there. You
like confrontation and to argue to a point where it does not make any
sense. You see, I never want to waste my time with someone who is
close-minded. And when I read your posts, I perceive you as a very
close-minded person.

DU

Whitecrest

I *_sometimes_* agree with you actually, and not just on the popup
issue. I try not to have a closed mind. I do use popup windows on my
site, you see. And I'm not afraid of challenging anyone to examine my
pages (as long as they forgive the server-side code that brinkster.com
adds to my pages which breaks compliance and validness of my pages).

But the gap between you and me is really about clear, explicit support
and promotion of accessibility in a website. You don't have such support
and you don't commit at making a site more accessible.

Du, I say over and over again, that most sites should be accessible
(100% of ecommerce sites) and follow the standards. But there are other
kinds of sites that accessibility and standards are is un-important.
Most entertainment sites fit this bill.

The only part we disagree about is the fact that the web is big enough
for both types of sites. While I totally agree with standards and
accessibility, I also understand that one size does not fit all on the
web. And if it did, then it would be a very boring web indeed.

(And you have known me long enough to know I have been preaching the
same thing for over 2 years now)

Whitecrest

You have abrasive manners, sometimes pretty close to personal attacks.
You have like-it-or-not manners; not just with people in this newsgroup
but with your web authoring manners.

I am even worse when stoned or drunk ask my wife.
One thing is absolutely sure in my mind: you'll never admit being wrong
and you'll never admit you may have been mistaken here or there. You
like confrontation and to argue to a point where it does not make any
sense. You see, I never want to waste my time with someone who is
close-minded. And when I read your posts, I perceive you as a very
close-minded person.

How am I closed minded when I agree with 100% of what you say 80% of the
time. The other 20% I believe you are mistaken. So am I the one who is
closed minded?

Hywel Jenkins

Karl Groves said:
Nice way to dodge my post.
Here it is again for you:
Perhaps you have a comprehension problem. I said, "Site sources of real
studies with real consumers."

Perhaps you should have said "Cite sources ..." instead.