    Thanks,
    --
    Fjordur

    Fjordur, Jun 12, 2007

  2. Fjordur

    Chris Lowis Guest

    Fjordur wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm learning RoR, been throught various tutorials on scaffolding, done
    > the O'Reilly "Ruby on Rails" book by Tate and Hibbs.
    >
    > I'm planning to build a full web application with logins and sessions.
    > Can you point me to a tutorial to help me design the architecture:
    > - components (how to login, manage users data...)
    > - best practice to manage sessions , global design.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Hi,

    Ruby on Rails questions are often better received in the Ruby on Rails
    forum ( http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/3 ).

    The best book I've seen for what you want to do is Agile Web Development
    with Ruby on Rails (
    http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/index.html ),
    supplemented with a good book about Ruby, perhaps David A. Black's Ruby
    for Rails ( http://www.manning.com/black/ ).

    Regards,

    Chris

    Chris Lowis, Jun 12, 2007

  3. Fjordur

    John Joyce Guest

    On Jun 12, 2007, at 9:20 AM, Chris Lowis wrote:

    > Fjordur wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I'm learning RoR, been throught various tutorials on scaffolding,
    >> done
    >> the O'Reilly "Ruby on Rails" book by Tate and Hibbs.
    >>
    >> I'm planning to build a full web application with logins and
    >> sessions.
    >> Can you point me to a tutorial to help me design the architecture:
    >> - components (how to login, manage users data...)
    >> - best practice to manage sessions , global design.
    >>
    >> Thanks,

    > Hi,
    >
    > Ruby on Rails questions are often better received in the Ruby on Rails
    > forum ( http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/3 ).
    >
    > The best book I've seen for what you want to do is Agile Web
    > Development
    > with Ruby on Rails (
    > http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/index.html ),
    > supplemented with a good book about Ruby, perhaps David A. Black's
    > Ruby
    > for Rails ( http://www.manning.com/black/ ).
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Chris

    Also consider the Rails Cookbook and the Ruby Cookbook.
    But definitely the Agile Web Development With Rails and Programming
    Ruby are 2 vital reference books you need to have available. Mr.
    Black's book gives you a better understanding of the space in between.
    Apress also has a whole host of books on the way.

    John Joyce, Jun 12, 2007