Newbie: null response when switching from framework 1.0 to 1.1

Andrea Desole

Hi, in the past days I've been fighting with a strange situation.
We have to build an application able to get some information from a soap
server. We don't have any wsdl, so as a soap client class we had to
adapt the code of a sample application we have. The client is very easy,
since the web service exposes only one method.
Everything has been working fine with 1.0, but after we changed to 1.1
we started having a strange problem. The call to Invoke in the soap
client class returns null (that is, the object[] returned is not null,
but it has a null element). No exceptions, just null.
Apparently the request is sent, and the response is received. The
impression I have is that the client considers the response correct, but
just empty, which is not true. I might be wrong, but it seems to be
related to encoding.
I made several attempts to find out where the problem is, but so far I
haven't made big progresses. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks a lot

Andrea