SOAP Failure when Transitioning from ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0

Steve R.

We have been transitioning our web services from ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0
as we migrate to vs.net 2005. The web services are accessed from a Linux box
using SOAP 1.1. Web services that pass simple parameters and receive data
sets work without a problem on both ASP versions.
Services that pass in a dataset, using SOAP, work properly on version 1.1
but fail on ASP.NET 2.0 with the error message:

Internal Server Error 500

The web services have been developed in C#. We tried switching to SOAP 1.2
but got the same result. We validated that the SOAP format matches that shown
when the web services are accessed using a browser.

Is there a new setting required in the Web.config file or are we missing so
new security setting?

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve