Newbie Question about Caching

Bishop

I've been reading and experementing with caching and ran into a couple
problems.

1. Page Level Output Caching. I understand that I probably won't be able to
do this but wanted to throw it out there anyway. The site I'm working with
has a master page with asp.net treeview on left and asp.net menu on top and
the rest of the content comming from content pages. When I put page level
output caching on a content page, my treeview and menus eventually stop
working. Also my Ajax ad rotator stops working on the content page. Like I
said I can understand why this wouldn't work but am looking for some
verification.

2. I want to try fragment caching for my home page. I can easily put all
the home page content into a user control. The problem I think I'm going to
have is that I have many domains pointing to the same code base. The
content for a particular domain is static but is different for each domain.
i.e.

mycoolshoes.com would have a static list of shoes on the main page
mycoolboots.com would have a static list of boots on the main page

They each use the same code base and are setup in the same IIS profile on
the server but display differenty based on the domain requested. Can I use
a VariesByHeader to have the cach vary based on the domain name? If so,
what is the correct parameter?