Newbie question: deploying on Windows Server 2003

Discussion in 'Java' started by Neil Collier, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. Neil Collier

    Neil Collier Guest

    Hi,

    I am new to java. I just got a dedicated window server 2003 machine.
    I want to put my java server application on it, written with Java 1.4
    SDK. I have no idea what I need to do, do I just download the JVM for
    windows server, or do I need to do something special?

    The server is simply a java application which accepts incoming
    connections on a few ports and sets up socket communications to relay
    secure data (SSL) between the server and the client. It also accesses
    a MySQL DB behind to get and retrieve data.

    I know this is probably a stupid question, but I search online and
    there is sooo much stuff it's hard to know what applies best to to my
    very simple situation.

    Regards,

    Neil

    Neil Collier, Feb 1, 2005