Newbie question...inheriting from Panel

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Colin Basterfield, Aug 9, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have been creating custom controls in Delphi for years, but now am using
    Vis Studio 2005 Beta 2 and want to 're-create' a set of controls that I had
    in my 'previous life'.

    There is a hierarchy of Panel controls, which is as follows:

    Panel

    abstract BasePanel
    /*
    abstract methods etc
    */

    StrSearch, NumSearch & DateSearch

    The reason for the abstract BasePanel is I hope, obvious in that it forces
    the 'children' to implement certain method.

    So I implemented all this and then tried to get StrSearch onto the ToolBox
    but although it shows up in the .NET components when I open the assembly in
    which it resides it doesn't make it to the ToolBox.

    Any ideas anyone please?

    many thanks in advance
    Colin B

    Colin Basterfield, Aug 9, 2005

  2. OK, I've given myself a baptism by fire on User Controls and have re-written
    the way my components work!

    Cheers
    Colin

    Colin Basterfield, Aug 9, 2005

  3. No rocket science I'm afraid, but I simply defined an interface to force
    StrSearch, NumSearch & DateSearch into implementing the appropriate methods.

    :)

    Colin Basterfield, Aug 11, 2005