Newbie question...inheriting from Panel

Colin Basterfield

Hi,

I have been creating custom controls in Delphi for years, but now am using
Vis Studio 2005 Beta 2 and want to 're-create' a set of controls that I had
in my 'previous life'.

There is a hierarchy of Panel controls, which is as follows:

Panel

abstract BasePanel
/*
abstract methods etc
*/

StrSearch, NumSearch & DateSearch

The reason for the abstract BasePanel is I hope, obvious in that it forces
the 'children' to implement certain method.

So I implemented all this and then tried to get StrSearch onto the ToolBox
but although it shows up in the .NET components when I open the assembly in
which it resides it doesn't make it to the ToolBox.

Any ideas anyone please?

many thanks in advance
Colin B

Colin Basterfield

OK, I've given myself a baptism by fire on User Controls and have re-written
the way my components work!

Cheers
Colin

Colin Basterfield

No rocket science I'm afraid, but I simply defined an interface to force
StrSearch, NumSearch & DateSearch into implementing the appropriate methods.

:)