Newbie Question on Web Form Inheritance

Billy Boy

I just need a small example of Web Form inheritance using the example
of the Parent form exposes a PlaceHolder and the Child form inherits
the Parent and also the child then binds a local User Control to the
exposed parent PlaceHolder.

Another question: If the Parent is built then can the DLL be passed on
to others who then can place this DLL in their BIN directory and then
inherit form the Parent in the same way as if the Parent was local to
the project?

I have downloaded some samples of Web Form Inheritance but all of them
have tacked the problem differently and all have taken the problem too
far. I need the simple bits explained first then I will be ready to
grasp the next stages.

C# examples preferred :)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Billy

Billy Boy

Cheer, thanks for you post.

I've use the same solution as Wilson but it has its limitations
regarding using controls in the base class and then attempting to use
the newly created dll from the base class in another project ... the
new project cannot load the control ... as expected, due to the
control not being where they should be. And as we cannot use controls
outside of our project this poses a problem >>>

Many thanks anyway

regards Billy