newbie: sample Java applications?

R.A.M.

Hello,
(sorry for my English...)
I have started learning Java. I am going to learn programming database
applications (Oracle) with web interface (JSP, Servlets).
I have some experience with Microsoft .NET. Microsoft prepared set of sample
applications (called Starter Kits) which can be dowloaded from
www.microsoft.com and used for educational purposes. Starter Kits are more
complex applications then samples in books, for instance a e-bookstore could
be a good example of starter kit.

I have a question: is there something like Microsoft's Starter Kits
available for Java programmers? I am intereted in learning JDBC, JSP and
Servlets.

Could you help me please? Thank you!
/RAM/

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

R.A.M. said:
I have started learning Java. I am going to learn programming database
applications (Oracle) with web interface (JSP, Servlets).
I have some experience with Microsoft .NET. Microsoft prepared set of sample
applications (called Starter Kits) which can be dowloaded from
www.microsoft.com and used for educational purposes. Starter Kits are more
complex applications then samples in books, for instance a e-bookstore could
be a good example of starter kit.

I have a question: is there something like Microsoft's Starter Kits
available for Java programmers? I am intereted in learning JDBC, JSP and
Servlets.

Could you help me please? Thank you!

You could fetch the famous/infamous pet store.

Arne

Oliver Wong

R.A.M. said:
Hello,
(sorry for my English...)
I have started learning Java. I am going to learn programming database
applications (Oracle) with web interface (JSP, Servlets).
I have some experience with Microsoft .NET. Microsoft prepared set of
sample applications (called Starter Kits) which can be dowloaded from
www.microsoft.com and used for educational purposes. Starter Kits are more
complex applications then samples in books, for instance a e-bookstore
could be a good example of starter kit.

I have a question: is there something like Microsoft's Starter Kits
available for Java programmers? I am intereted in learning JDBC, JSP and
Servlets.

Could you help me please? Thank you!

I don't know how complex Microsoft's bookstore sample is, but I'd guess
it's about the same as Sun's PetStore sample, which can be downloaded from
http://java.sun.com/developer/releases/petstore/

- Oliver

Juha Laiho

R.A.M. said:
Are there any other examples?

The other Petstores. In other words, there are numerous technologies
you could use -- and it's interesting to compare the Petstore
implementations for each technology.

For example, see the iBatis Petstore; downloadable at
http://ibatis.apache.org/javadownloads.cgi ; also, the Spring
Framework contains a PetStore implementation.

Thomas Kellerer

R.A.M. wrote on 29.12.2006 20:22:
Hello,
(sorry for my English...)
I have started learning Java. I am going to learn programming database
applications (Oracle) with web interface (JSP, Servlets).
I have some experience with Microsoft .NET. Microsoft prepared set of sample
applications (called Starter Kits) which can be dowloaded from
www.microsoft.com and used for educational purposes. Starter Kits are more
complex applications then samples in books, for instance a e-bookstore could
be a good example of starter kit.

I have a question: is there something like Microsoft's Starter Kits
available for Java programmers? I am intereted in learning JDBC, JSP and
Servlets.

Could you help me please? Thank you!
/RAM/

I don't know which IDE you are using, but NetBeans comes with several sample
applications for the different areas (JSP/Servlet, EJG, Swing, ...).

Simply click on File -> New Project -> Samples

Thomas