Newbie ValidationSummary Control Question

Benign Vanilla

My apologies if this is an ignorant question. I am into my third week with
..NET...

I have placed validators on my form controls, and have placed a
ValidationSummary control at the top of my aspx. The VS control is below a
paragraph of text, and just above the form. My problem is that I now have a
large white space between my paragraph and my form. And when I do the
validations, if I have more then four lines of errors, they bleed under the
form.

How do I manage the layout of the page so that no real estate is used when
there are no errors, and when there are errors, the form moves down the
page?

BV.

peshrad

I'm not sure if it really helps in your case. However, ...

In the property page of your web page ("DOCUMENT"),
you may wish to set the pageLayout property to FlowLayout.

You may also wish to experiment with the DisplayMode property of the

Benign Vanilla said:
My apologies if this is an ignorant question. I am into my third week with
.NET...

I have placed validators on my form controls, and have placed a
ValidationSummary control at the top of my aspx. The VS control is below a
paragraph of text, and just above the form. My problem is that I now have a
large white space between my paragraph and my form. And when I do the
validations, if I have more then four lines of errors, they bleed under the
form.

How do I manage the layout of the page so that no real estate is used when
there are no errors, and when there are errors, the form moves down the
page?

I was able to meet this need by using an HTML table to contain the different
parts of my form. Thanks for the replies.

BV.