    there are no errors, and when there are errors, the form moves down the
    page?

    BV.
    Benign Vanilla, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Benign Vanilla

    peshrad Guest

    I'm not sure if it really helps in your case. However, ...

    In the property page of your web page ("DOCUMENT"),
    you may wish to set the pageLayout property to FlowLayout.

    You may also wish to experiment with the DisplayMode property of the
    ValidationSummary control.
    peshrad, Jun 15, 2004

  3. "Benign Vanilla" <> wrote in message
    > My apologies if this is an ignorant question. I am into my third week with
    > .NET...
    >
    > I have placed validators on my form controls, and have placed a
    > ValidationSummary control at the top of my aspx. The VS control is below a
    > paragraph of text, and just above the form. My problem is that I now have

    > large white space between my paragraph and my form. And when I do the
    > validations, if I have more then four lines of errors, they bleed under

    the
    > form.
    >
    > How do I manage the layout of the page so that no real estate is used when
    > there are no errors, and when there are errors, the form moves down the
    > page?

    I was able to meet this need by using an HTML table to contain the different
    parts of my form. Thanks for the replies.

    BV.
    Benign Vanilla, Jun 15, 2004