    server.createobject("Word.Application") I get this error "Access denied"

    Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any help!

    Joost
    JK, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Since you are using web forms, then you need to check the permissions on
    your object to ensure that the user token that the ASP.NET worker process is
    running under (by default, MACHINE\ASPNET) has the appropriate permissions.

    You may also want to consider creating an interop assembly, which will give
    you strong typing and make using this COM object as easy as using a .NET
    assembly. VS.NET will do this for you, and you can also use the SDK tool
    tlbimp.exe.

    --
    Chris Jackson
    Software Engineer