    what is the nntp address and the port number that i can use them

    to view the articles via a newsreader program.

    thanks

    aljaber, Nov 21, 2006

  2. aljaber

    dasjotre Guest

    try some from http://freeusenetnews.com/

    dasjotre, Nov 21, 2006

  3. aljaber

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "aljaber" <> wrote:

    >what is the nntp address and the port number that i can use them
    >to view the articles via a newsreader program.

    The standard NNTP port is 119. For IP address (or a domain name that
    corresponds to one), you'll have to contact your ISP or pay for access
    through any of the companies that provide NNTP access. Here's one:
    http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php. You'll find plenty of others.

    --
    Tim Slattery

    Tim Slattery, Nov 21, 2006
  4. aljaber

    aljaber Guest

    dasjotre wrote:
    > aljaber wrote:
    > > hi
    > >
    > > what is the nntp address and the port number that i can use them
    > >
    > > to view the articles via a newsreader program.
    > >
    > > thanks

    > try some from http://freeusenetnews.com/

    sorry for being not specific, the address and the port i meant

    was for this usenet group

    thanks again

    aljaber, Nov 21, 2006
  5. aljaber

    Guest

    On 21 Nov, 15:10, "aljaber" <> wrote:
    > dasjotre wrote:
    > > aljaber wrote:
    > > > hi

    > > > what is the nntp address and the port number that i can use them

    > > > to view the articles via a newsreader program.

    > > > thanks

    > > try some from http://freeusenetnews.com/

    >sorry for being not specific, the address and the port i meant
    >
    > was for this usenet group

    There is no server an port for just this group, you have to find a
    server that carries this group. At home I'm using a server my ISP
    provides, so check your provider, they might offer the service. If not
    choose one from the link above and use that.

    --
    Erik Wikström

    , Nov 21, 2006
  6. aljaber

    dasjotre Guest

    aljaber wrote:
    > dasjotre wrote:
    > > aljaber wrote:
    > > > hi
    > > >
    > > > what is the nntp address and the port number that i can use them
    > > >
    > > > to view the articles via a newsreader program.
    > > >
    > > > thanks

    > > try some from http://freeusenetnews.com/

    > sorry for being not specific, the address and the port i meant
    >
    > was for this usenet group
    >
    > thanks again

    goto http://freeusenetnews.com/ and type comp.lang.c++ in the
    search box. try the servers listed and find one that works
    the way you want it. news servers usualy run on port 119

    dasjotre, Nov 21, 2006