No acceptable C compiler was found in $PATH

Discussion in 'Python' started by banaticus, Dec 20, 2004.

  1. banaticus

    banaticus Guest

    What does this error message mean? What can I do to fix it?

    Here'e the command that I just tried running, and the messages that
    I received. I just barely unpacked python.

    linux:/Python-2.4 # ./configure
    checking MACHDEP... linux2
    checking EXTRAPLATDIR...
    checking for --without-gcc... no
    checking for --with-cxx=<compiler>... no
    checking for c++... no
    checking for g++... no
    checking for gcc... no
    checking for CC... no
    checking for cxx... no
    checking for cc++... no
    checking for cl... no
    checking for gcc... no
    checking for cc... no
    checking for cc... no
    checking for cl... no
    configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
    See `config.log' for more details.
    linux:/Python-2.4 #

    banaticus, Dec 20, 2004

  2. On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 03:58:20 +0000, banaticus wrote:

    > What does this error message mean? What can I do to fix it?
    >
    > Here'e the command that I just tried running, and the messages that
    > I received. I just barely unpacked python.
    >
    > linux:/Python-2.4 # ./configure
    > checking MACHDEP... linux2
    > checking EXTRAPLATDIR...
    > checking for --without-gcc... no
    > checking for --with-cxx=<compiler>... no
    > checking for c++... no
    > checking for g++... no
    > checking for gcc... no
    > checking for CC... no
    > checking for cxx... no
    > checking for cc++... no
    > checking for cl... no
    > checking for gcc... no
    > checking for cc... no
    > checking for cc... no
    > checking for cl... no
    > configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
    > See `config.log' for more details.
    > linux:/Python-2.4 #

    Looks like you don't have gcc installed. You should try "gcc -v" at
    the console. If it comes back as "command not found" or something
    similar, that's your problem.

    William Allison, Dec 21, 2004