No config directory in /usr/lib/python2.3 ?

andrew cooke

Hi,

At work I'm using a machine running Red Hat Linux, with various python
versions installed. For some reason there's no config directory (and
so no makesetup) in /usr/lib/python2.3/ - is this normal? If it's not
normal, what do I do to fix it? If it is normal, what do I do with
configure scripts that call makesetup and install-sh? (python2.2 has
such a directory).

I'm trying to install psycopg, a database adapter for Zope, and I will
try their mailing list too, but googling seems to show that other
people have this directory in python 2.3, so I'm wodnering if it's my
problem rather than theirs...

Cheers,
Andrew

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

andrew said:
Hi,

At work I'm using a machine running Red Hat Linux, with various python
versions installed. For some reason there's no config directory (and
so no makesetup) in /usr/lib/python2.3/ - is this normal? If it's not
normal, what do I do to fix it?

You install the python development files, which are in a different
package. I don't know the package name for your operating system, but
it likely has the substrings "python" and "dev" in its name.

Regards,
Martin