No files visible when Opening project from web.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rob Mayo, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Rob Mayo

    Rob Mayo Guest

    I know this seems like a noob question, but...

    Our group is working on a development server (Win2K Server, IIS 5.0) in
    which we are all Administors. On this server, we set up our projects by
    first creating the appropriate folder on Under
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\<ProjectName>. Then we create a virtual directory in IIS
    pointing to that folder. Then we create a new project on our own machines
    (Win2K) using FrontPage Extensions.

    For each of the projects we create, we are only ever able to open the ones
    that we did individually via the .sln files on our own machines. We want to
    be able to work on other people's projects within our group.

    For example:
    Programmer A:
    Creates folder ... "Application_Steve"
    Creates virtual Directory "Application_Steve"
    Creates ASP.Net Project "Application_Steve"
    Saves Solution file(s) on "Workstation_Steve"
    Programmer B:
    Creates folder ... "Application_Rob"
    Creates virtual Directory "Application_Rob"
    Creates ASP.Net Project "Application_Rob"
    Saves Solution file(s) on "Workstation_Rob"

    Programmer B (Rob) wants to work on Programmer A's project
    (Application_Steve)
    Programmer B goes to File --> Open --> Project from Web
    Programmer B enters <servername>
    Programmer B sees Application_Rob & Application_Steve listed.
    When selecting either, no files appear in dialog box. Expected
    Application_Steve.vbproj

    Anybody know what's going on, here?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Rob Mayo, Aug 21, 2003