Trouble opening a asp.net project

Frank Rizzo

Hello,

I've inherited an vs2003 asp.net project from a fellow that had Windows
2000 advanced server as his development machine. As a result he mapped
the project to a web site (mapped to a non-standard port, 87 I think)
instead of mapping it to a virtual directory.

My dev machine is winxppro and my IIS doesn't allow me to create new web
sites. I've tried various techniques to be able to map it to a virtual
directory, but to no avail. I keep getting the error that "The file
path '[Physical Project Path]' does not correspond to the URL '[Project
URL]'. The two need to map to the same server location. HTTP Error 404:
File Not Found."

Is there a definitive guide somewhere that can walk me through the
process of moving the project to a state where I can work on it in
Windows XP?

Or any other advice would also be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Robert

Christopher Reed

Look into the solution and project files and manually change the paths
within each.