no text on menus in eclipse on linux

Ben Fitzgerald

Hi

I've installed eclipse SDK. I'm running j2sdk 1.4.1 and GKT+-2.2.0 on linux
slackware 8.1.

Eclipse starts fine, but when loaded there is no text on any dialogs. Nothing in
the menus either. Just icons.

I ran eclipse with the -debug flag and got this (it's useless but just to show
I'm trying):

Start VM: /opt/j2sdk1.4.1/bin/java
-cp /home/ben/eclipse/./startup.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main
-os linux
-ws gtk
-arch x86
-showsplash /home/ben/eclipse/./eclipse -showsplash 600
-debug
Startup: using configuration
file:/home/ben/eclipse/workspace/.metadata/.config/platform.cfg
Boot URL: file:/home/ben/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.core.boot_2.1.1/boot.jar
Startup: splash path
/home/ben/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.platform_2.1.1/splash.bmp
Workspace location:
/home/ben/eclipse/workspace
Debug-Options:
file:/home/ben/eclipse/.options
Install URL:
file:/home/ben/eclipse/

I'm surprised it hasn't complained about not being able to find fonts or
something.

I hope someone can help identify the problem. I'm sure it's just a tweak
but until I solve it eclipse is unusable.

Thanks,