Nokogiri problem on Mac OS X

Diogo Terror

I'm trying to install Merb, first thing I got was an issue with
sqlite3, but I fixed that by re-installing both the sqlite3 and
datamapper.
Now I'm having an issue with nokogiri. Here's the problem:

dyld: NSLinkModule() error
dyld: Symbol not found: _xmlTextReaderConstXmlVersion

I'm on Mac OS X 10.4 Ruby 1.8.6 and yes, I've got libxml, libxml2,
libxslt and their respective -devs

Any clues?

Aaron Patterson

I'm trying to install Merb, first thing I got was an issue with sqlite3,
but I fixed that by re-installing both the sqlite3 and datamapper.
Now I'm having an issue with nokogiri. Here's the problem:

dyld: NSLinkModule() error
dyld: Symbol not found: _xmlTextReaderConstXmlVersion

I'm on Mac OS X 10.4 Ruby 1.8.6 and yes, I've got libxml, libxml2,
libxslt and their respective -devs

Any clues?

Did you install via ports? Do you know what version of libxml2 you have
installed?

Do you mind filing a ticket?

http://nokogiri.lighthouseapp.com/projects/19607-nokogiri/tickets

Diogo Terror

I'm trying to install Merb, first thing I got was an issue with
sqlite3, but I fixed that by re-installing both the sqlite3 and
datamapper.
Now I'm having an issue with nokogiri. Here's the problem:

dyld: NSLinkModule() error
dyld: Symbol not found: _xmlTextReaderConstXmlVersion

I'm on Mac OS X 10.4 Ruby 1.8.6 and yes, I've got libxml, libxml2,
libxslt and their respective -devs

Any clues?

libxml2 2.6.30-1001

Sure, I'll do that. I'll also investigate further to try and solve it.

Diogo Terror

Just for the record (literaly) this issue was solved. It was caused
because Mac OS X 10.4 libxml2 is 'slightly' broken. All you need to
do is to get a new one, through macports, fink ou building your own.

Thanks a lot to Aaron Patterson for helping me out.