Non-JavaScript DataGrid Paging

George Durzi

Is there a way to implement datagrid paging without using javascript on the
client-side?

bruce barker

render your own paging buttons (which will use a submit). the datagrid is so
viewstate heavy, you shouldn't use on a real internet site anyway. you would
be better off using a table and a reapeater.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| Is there a way to implement datagrid paging without using javascript on
the
| client-side?

Guest

George,

Take a look at the link below for an alternate solution to javascript
paging. I should give you a bit of a warning. The Stored Procedure that
they use is not very efficient if you are paging through a lot of data
because of the way that they use temp tables to handle the data. I have
included another link that discusses just the Sql portion of the paging.

I hope that this helps!

http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/Tutorial/EA868776-D71E-448A-BC23-B64B871F967F.dcik - paging

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2120 - Sql Portion of the paging