noobs are us - ASP.NET with 2000 server

ranx

a simple question

i can use a windows 2000 server with IIS already running.

i can see my ASP 3.0 apps run on this server.

what have i got to do, to have my ASP.NET also running? just install the
"standard" .NET framework? there is some tool-for-server? some library?

ranx

Brian Cryer

ranx said:
a simple question

i can use a windows 2000 server with IIS already running.

i can see my ASP 3.0 apps run on this server.

what have i got to do, to have my ASP.NET also running? just install the
"standard" .NET framework? there is some tool-for-server? some library?

I've only ever used asp.net on windows 2003 servers, where it all seemed to
be pre-installed (as far as I can remember). I think that for .net 2 I did
need to install the framework - if in doubt install the framework, it won't
do any harm. I don't recall needing anything special, but it was a while
back. If you hit any problems you might find that posting to
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework or microsoft.public.win2000.setup might
give you a more specific answer.

The one thing I do remember needing to do was to set up the default page
that would be shown. The defaults cover the "normal" set like default.htm,
index.htm etc, but none for .aspx so its worth adding "default.aspx" -
assuming that's to be your default page.

Hope this helps.