    what have i got to do, to have my ASP.NET also running? just install the
    "standard" .NET framework? there is some tool-for-server? some library?

    ranx
    ranx, Oct 16, 2006

  2. ranx

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "ranx" <> wrote in message
    news:45334917$...

    > a simple question
    >
    > i can use a windows 2000 server with IIS already running.
    >
    > i can see my ASP 3.0 apps run on this server.
    >
    > what have i got to do, to have my ASP.NET also running? just install the
    > "standard" .NET framework? there is some tool-for-server? some library?

    I've only ever used asp.net on windows 2003 servers, where it all seemed to
    be pre-installed (as far as I can remember). I think that for .net 2 I did
    need to install the framework - if in doubt install the framework, it won't
    do any harm. I don't recall needing anything special, but it was a while
    back. If you hit any problems you might find that posting to
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework or microsoft.public.win2000.setup might
    give you a more specific answer.

    The one thing I do remember needing to do was to set up the default page
    that would be shown. The defaults cover the "normal" set like default.htm,
    index.htm etc, but none for .aspx so its worth adding "default.aspx" -
    assuming that's to be your default page.

    Hope this helps.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Oct 16, 2006

  3. ranx

    ranx Guest

    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework or microsoft.public.win2000.setup

    thanks

    i did not mind to find such a specific NG :)

    thanks again

    ranx
    ranx, Oct 16, 2006