NT Authority/Network Service error starting CRM

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Blake, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Blake

    Blake Guest

    I'm not too sure this it the right group. If its not the right group, could
    i be directed to the correct one that existes? I found a thread dealing
    with this same error. here is the thread:

    > Hello John,
    > You can add a login to SQL Server for that NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK
    > SERVICE account, which I believe you'll find in the local group
    > IIS_WPG. You can do this in SQL Server Enterprise Manager under
    > Security|Logins. Make sure also to give it the required database
    > access and permissions
    >
    > Please let me know if this works for you.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bassel Tabbara
    > Microsoft, ASP.NET

    When I go the Security|Logins i try to create a new loging there is no entry
    for NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE. Searching Active Directory for any
    instance of it turns up nothing.
    I Have CRM installed on a new SBS2003, IIS6 and SQL2000 SP3a.

    Any help in the right direction would be great i seem to be stuck.

    Thanks, Blake Ray
    Blake, Mar 2, 2004