ODBC data acess and asp.Net applications.

Guest

Hi,

I have a problem when accesing data with and ODBC provider under asp.Net applications.

The question is that if I run the application in the same server where data is stored then data is displayed normaly, but if the ODBC catalog file is in other computer in local netwok (with his Domain Server SBS 2003) I receive next error:

ERROR [S0002] [Liant][Relativity][CRDM]File not found. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][Administrador de controladores ODBC] Error de SQLSetConnectAttr del controlador ERROR [01000] [Microsoft][Administrador de controladores ODBC] El controlador no admite una versión de ODBC distinta de la que la necesita la aplicación (vea SQLSetEnvAttr).

Are some solution to it? Where I can find information about it?

thank you!!!

Kevin Spencer

ODBC is about the worst (read "slowest") possible way to connect to a
database. It is a wrapper for OLE DB, for which there are Managed classes in
the CLR to work with. Most databases (you didn't mention which one) have OLE
DB drivers. However, you can also use ODBC if you like. Just use a DSN-Less
Connection. A DSN is a resource where information about the connection to a
database is stored. It sounds like you're using a File DSN. Instead, you can
put all of your Connection information into the Connection String, thus
avoiding the problem of locating the DSN.

For more on Connection Strings, see http://www.connectionstrings.com.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer