odbc for solid

flupke

Hi,

at work we use a solid database and i need to develop an application
that accesses it. Problem is the drivers: i only have some dll's lying
around and jar.
On winsdows i could get by by using ODBC and the dll's to access the
solid database but i want to eventually run it on a linux server.
Solid doesn't seem to have a driver specifically for Linux so i'm stuck
here. Is there any way i can still use Linux and have access to solid?
Maybe i need to revert to jython so i can use the jar?

Thanks for any info
Benedict

Steve Holden

flupke said:
Hi,

at work we use a solid database and i need to develop an application
that accesses it. Problem is the drivers: i only have some dll's lying
around and jar.
On winsdows i could get by by using ODBC and the dll's to access the
solid database but i want to eventually run it on a linux server.
Solid doesn't seem to have a driver specifically for Linux so i'm stuck
here. Is there any way i can still use Linux and have access to solid?
Maybe i need to revert to jython so i can use the jar?

This might be of interest (and also possibly of relevance to an earlier
query about accessing MS SQL Server from Unix in the "Python, unix and
mssql" thread):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyodb

"""PyODB is an ODBC Python module to provide an quick an easy way to
work with databases. It provides a small set of simplified bindings to
the unixODBC API and has been developed using SWIG."

regards
Steve

flupke

Steve said:
This might be of interest (and also possibly of relevance to an earlier
query about accessing MS SQL Server from Unix in the "Python, unix and
mssql" thread):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyodb

"""PyODB is an ODBC Python module to provide an quick an easy way to
work with databases. It provides a small set of simplified bindings to
the unixODBC API and has been developed using SWIG."

regards
Steve

Thanks Steve, i'll check the link

Benedict

Michele Petrazzo

flupke said:
Hi,

at work we use a solid database and i need to develop an application
that accesses it. Problem is the drivers: i only have some dll's lying
around and jar.
On winsdows i could get by by using ODBC and the dll's to access the
solid database but i want to eventually run it on a linux server.
Solid doesn't seem to have a driver specifically for Linux so i'm stuck
here. Is there any way i can still use Linux and have access to solid?
Maybe i need to revert to jython so i can use the jar?

Thanks for any info
Benedict

I have create RealPyOdbc, that is a class made in pure python that
create a simple interface from python to odbc with the use of ctypes.
Of course, it work on every system where ctypes work (win, linux, mac).

It has no db-api 2.0 compatible (my free time is very low), but the work
for make it compatible is very low.

You can see it here:

www.unipex.it/vario/RealPyOdbc.py

In the future, when I'll finish it (make the db-api 2), I'll open a
sf.net project.

I hope it will help you.

Bye,
Michele Petrazzo