    I *may* do some (unrelated) work for them, so be nice!

    Cheers,
    Jeff
    Jeff Thies, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Jeff Thies

    Neal Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 03:51:23 GMT, Jeff Thies <>
    wrote:

    > I was looking at this:
    >
    > http://paydayusa.com/
    >
    > The html seems to be littered with spaces. Although this wrecks havok
    > with NS and Opera it seems to do no harm to IE.
    >
    > What are those mystery spaces and what is the likely way they got in
    > there?
    >
    > I *may* do some (unrelated) work for them, so be nice!
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Jeff

    In Opera all I get are squares and a little text. For some reason I cannot
    read the source code for the frames. IE, no funny spaces, but still cannot
    read the source! Finally, Mozilla reveals this as the source for the
    banner...

    <!-- **** Code below this comment is shared by all standard pages -->à¨à´€
    à¨à´€
    <!-- Modified by Dave McCelland and Todd Pennington 5/13/02 at 14:20 -->à¨à´€
    à¨à´€
    à¨à´€
    <head>à¨à´€
    à¨à´€
    <TITLE>PayDay USA Payroll Processing and HR Information Systems</TITLE>à¨à´€
    à¨à´€
    <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="PAYDAY USA provides the most expansive
    array of payroll processing services in the payroll industry. Regardless
    of company size, we are dedicated to customizing every service we offer to
    meet the individual needs of each client. ">à¨à´€
    à¨à´€
    <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="payroll service, payroll processing,
    human resource systems, outsourced payroll processing, paycheck
    preparation, human resource software, payroll, payroll outsource, payroll
    preparation, payroll service bureau, tax filing service, tax reporting
    service, HRMS, direct deposit, PayDay USA">à¨à´€
    à¨à´€
    à¨à´€
    à¨à´€
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Style/body.css">à¨à´€
    à¨à´€
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Style/Main.css">à¨à´€
    à¨à´€
    </head>à¨à´€
    à¨à´€

    Very bizarre. The page is totally unusable in Opera, IE and Mozilla.
    "Works" in Lynx, somehow.
    Neal, Jul 10, 2004

  3. Jeff Thies

    Uncle Pirate Guest

    Jeff Thies wrote:

    > I was looking at this:
    >
    > http://paydayusa.com/
    >
    > The html seems to be littered with spaces. Although this wrecks havok
    > with NS and Opera it seems to do no harm to IE.
    >
    > What are those mystery spaces and what is the likely way they got in there?
    >
    > I *may* do some (unrelated) work for them, so be nice!
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Jeff

    Very nice if you have questions??????????????????????? <- lots of those.

    --
    Stan McCann "Uncle Pirate"
    Cooordinator, Tularosa Basin Chapter, ABATE of NM AMA#758681
    Uncle Pirate, Jul 10, 2004
  4. Jeff Thies

    rf Guest

    "Jeff Thies" <> wrote in message
    > I was looking at this:
    >
    > http://paydayusa.com/
    >
    > The html seems to be littered with spaces. Although this wrecks havok
    > with NS and Opera it seems to do no harm to IE.
    >
    > What are those mystery spaces and what is the likely way they got in

    there?

    It look like it's unicode, but not real unicode. Maybe it's the unicode when
    you edit/save a document with an editor that doesn't understand unicode,
    changing all the nice 0x00s to 0x20s.

    In any case something at their server is stuffed.

    > I *may* do some (unrelated) work for them, so be nice!

    You could fix their server for them.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jul 10, 2004
  5. Jeff Thies

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:%IJHc.14203$>
    Jeff Thies <> said:

    > http://paydayusa.com/
    > The html seems to be littered with spaces.

    OMFG quick, someone call the CIA! if you put all those spaces together
    theres more than enough space to hide WMDs.

    --
    b r u c i e
    brucie, Jul 10, 2004