[off-topic] Usenet

hdante

Hello,

How can I access Usenet without using Google Groups ? (my ISP doesn't
have a NNTP server). Do you recommend doing so ?

What's your prefered news reader ?

Terry Reedy

| I also recommend Gmane which provides a free news server for most mailing
| lists: mailing lists are a lot more manageable when gatewayed into a news
| server. If you just want to access comp.lang.python I think you'll find
the
| mailing list to which it is connected is available for free on Gmane.

gmane.comp.python.general

which is where I am answering this from. Works great.

castironpi

| I also recommend Gmane which provides a free news server for most mailing
| lists: mailing lists are a lot more manageable when gatewayed into a news
| server. If you just want to access comp.lang.python I think you'll find
the
| mailing list to which it is connected is available for free on Gmane.

gmane.comp.python.general

which is where I am answering this from.  Works great.

Love them opticals.

John Salerno

| I also recommend Gmane which provides a free news server for most mailing
| lists: mailing lists are a lot more manageable when gatewayed into a news
| server. If you just want to access comp.lang.python I think you'll find
the
| mailing list to which it is connected is available for free on Gmane.

gmane.comp.python.general

which is where I am answering this from. Works great.

So that's the same as c.l.p.?

Terry Reedy

| On Wed, 14 May 2008 12:58:12 -0400
|
| > gmane.comp.python.general
| >
| > which is where I am answering this from. Works great.
|
| So that's the same as c.l.p.?

It is the same as python-list, which happens to be the same as c.l.p..
Gmane mirrors technical mailing lists, including over 200 under g.c.python.

Aahz

How can I access Usenet without using Google Groups ? (my ISP doesn't
have a NNTP server). Do you recommend doing so ?

If you'd like an ISP with a decent news server, I highly recommend
panix.com
What's your prefered news reader ?

trn3.6, same as it's been for the last eighteen years. ;-)