    As you can imagine, this ordeal is extremely frustrating as I view the
    source of a site all the time.

    Thanks for the help :)
    Kathleen Coyne, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Kathleen Coyne wrote:

    > this is off topic, but I figure there will be tons of people around
    > here that are really familiar with browsers.
    >
    > My view source somehow became disabled. I have no idea how or why. I
    > right click, view source, and nothing happens. If I do it from a site
    > that is located on my computer, it works. But on the web, it just
    > won't work.

    You are probably using MSIE and have a full cache (this is a known bug).
    Increase the size of your browser cache, empty it, or switch to a better
    browser ( http://www.mozilla.org/ )

    --
    David Dorward http://david.us-lot.org/
    David Dorward, Jul 26, 2003

  3. Kathleen Coyne

    Isofarro Guest

    Isofarro, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Kathleen Coyne

    Talc Ta Matt Guest

    >or switch to a better
    >browser ( http://www.mozilla.org/ )

    For the advanced user, possibly. But for the average user, IE still reigns as
    the best.
    Talc Ta Matt, Jul 26, 2003
  5. David Dorward <> wrote in message news:<bful1l$3mi$1$>...
    > Kathleen Coyne wrote:
    >
    > > this is off topic, but I figure there will be tons of people around
    > > here that are really familiar with browsers.
    > >
    > > My view source somehow became disabled. I have no idea how or why. I
    > > right click, view source, and nothing happens. If I do it from a site
    > > that is located on my computer, it works. But on the web, it just
    > > won't work.

    > You are probably using MSIE and have a full cache (this is a known bug).
    > Increase the size of your browser cache, empty it, or switch to a better
    > browser ( http://www.mozilla.org/ )

    Hey look! It worked!

    Awsome, thanks. I was diein' from not being able to view the source.
    I tried searching around online for help on it, but all I got was
    pages upon pages upon pages of links to how to PREVENT one from
    viewing the source.

    I guess I should empty it more often... heh. I have it set up to
    automatically do it, but it asks me first... and you know how that
    goes, "Oh no, not right now... maybe next time" for a really really
    long time.
    Kathleen Coyne, Jul 27, 2003
  6. David Dorward wrote:
    > Kathleen Coyne wrote:
    >

    >>this is off topic, but I figure there will be tons of people around
    >>here that are really familiar with browsers.
    >>
    >>My view source somehow became disabled. I have no idea how or why. I
    >>right click, view source, and nothing happens. If I do it from a site
    >>that is located on my computer, it works. But on the web, it just
    >>won't work.

    > You are probably using MSIE and have a full cache (this is a known bug).
    > Increase the size of your browser cache, empty it, or switch to a better
    > browser ( http://www.mozilla.org/ )

    I must admit I have never heard of this bug before. What a weird one. Is
    it a bug in all versions of MS-IE, or just in certain ones?

    --
    Nicolai Zwar
    http://www.nicolaizwar.com
    Nicolai P. Zwar, Jul 27, 2003
  7. Thanks David, I have also had this problem, in fact for months and my
    searching turned up nothing. Your reply has helped me too, and it was soooo
    easy. Thanks again. Bruce

    Bruce Wallace, Jul 27, 2003
  8. Nicolai P. Zwar wrote:
    > David Dorward wrote:
    >> Kathleen Coyne wrote:
    >>>
    >>> My view source somehow became disabled.

    >> You are probably using MSIE and have a full cache (this is a known
    >> bug). Increase the size of your browser cache, empty it,

    > Is it a bug in all versions of MS-IE, or just in certain ones?

    certainly ie5.5 and ie6

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Jul 27, 2003
  9. Talc Ta Matt wrote:
    > For the advanced user, possibly. But for the average user, IE still reigns as
    > the best.

    BS. Can you give me a single reason why Internet Exploiter is better for
    the average used than a good browser?
    Leif K-Brooks, Jul 27, 2003
  10. Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > In article <8aSUa.3979$2.webusenet.com>,
    > says...
    >
    >>Talc Ta Matt wrote:
    >>
    >>>For the advanced user, possibly. But for the average user, IE still reigns as
    >>>the best.

    >>BS. Can you give me a single reason why Internet Exploiter is better for
    >>the average used than a good browser?
    >>

    > They get it automatically with the Windows installation.

    Most users are not incapable of installing a piece of software...
    Leif K-Brooks, Jul 28, 2003
  11. Kathleen Coyne

    rf Guest

    "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in
    message news:ZV8Va.4450$2.webusenet.com...
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >
    > > In article <8aSUa.3979$2.webusenet.com>,
    > > says...

    reigns as

    > >>BS. Can you give me a single reason why Internet Exploiter is better for
    > >>the average used than a good browser?

    > > They get it automatically with the Windows installation.

    > Most users are not incapable of installing a piece of software...

    Many users are incapable of installing a piece of software...
    rf, Jul 28, 2003
  12. rf wrote:

    >> Most users are not incapable of installing a piece of software...

    > Many users are incapable of installing a piece of software...

    and many more are capable but too fearful.

    --
    David Dorward http://david.us-lot.org/
    David Dorward, Jul 28, 2003
  13. In article <ZV8Va.4450$2.webusenet.com>,
    says...
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >
    > > In article <8aSUa.3979$2.webusenet.com>,
    > > says...

    > >>BS. Can you give me a single reason why Internet Exploiter is better for
    > >>the average used than a good browser?
    > >>

    > > They get it automatically with the Windows installation.

    > Most users are not incapable of installing a piece of software...

    Most users are not allowed to install sofware due to corporate usage
    policies.

    --
    Hywel I do not each quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/