    Hello,

    Does anyone know if it is possible to play ogg files in a Java application?

    Thanks, Francois
    Francois, Mar 13, 2008

  2. On Mar 13, 6:19 pm, "Francois" <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know if it is possible to play ogg files in a Java application?

    Java is a Turing complete language, so ..sure.

    You just need to find/code an API that can read
    and parse OGG file format.

    I don't think JMF (Sun) can do it, but FMJ (3rd
    party) might be able to.

    Of course, you might also look to..
    - Java 6 and java.awt.Desktop.open(File)
    - Java 7 and JMC

    --
    Andrew T.
    PhySci.org
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 13, 2008

  3. Francois

    Michael Jung Guest

    "Francois" <> writes:
    > Does anyone know if it is possible to play ogg files in a Java application?

    Google: Javasound and Tritonus

    Michael
    Michael Jung, Mar 13, 2008
  4. "Francois" <> writes:

    > Does anyone know if it is possible to play ogg files in a Java application?

    Have you tried this link:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=java ogg library&btnG=Search Google

    /L
    --
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen -
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen, Mar 13, 2008
  5. Francois

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 08:19:36 +0100, "Francois" <>

    >Does anyone know if it is possible to play ogg files in a Java application?

    you are in luck. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sound.html

    Java has a pluggable sound interface and the JavaZoom people have done
    an OGG plugin.
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary