ok,this css is driving me batty

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Paul Watt, Apr 4, 2006.

  1. Paul Watt

    Paul Watt Guest

    Paul Watt, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Paul Watt

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Paul Watt* wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I've done a really simple layout.
    > http://www.paulwatt.info/test/turn/layout.html
    >
    > Why is there a gap between the top two Divs?
    >
    > http://www.paulwatt.info/test/turn/Tlayout.css
    >
    > Cheers guys and gals

    Headers (h1, h2, etc) have a default margin, so you must set your own
    margin for them if you are not satisfied with the default.

    ..header h1 {margin: 0px;}

    --
    /Arne

    "I travel cross the country and talked to the most competent persons,
    and I can assure you that the computer is a fashion craze that will not
    stand the whole year.
    (Editor for business literature, Prentice Hall, 1957)

    Arne, Apr 4, 2006

  3. Paul Watt

    Ed Jay Guest

    Ed Jay, Apr 4, 2006
  4. Paul Watt

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Arne <> wrote:

    > Once upon a time *Paul Watt* wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I've done a really simple layout.
    > > http://www.paulwatt.info/test/turn/layout.html
    > >
    > > Why is there a gap between the top two Divs?
    > >
    > > http://www.paulwatt.info/test/turn/Tlayout.css
    > >
    > > Cheers guys and gals

    > Headers (h1, h2, etc) have a default margin, so you must set your own
    > margin for them if you are not satisfied with the default.
    >
    > .header h1 {margin: 0px;}

    Quite right. Btw, the wrapper here does not seem to be doing
    much. And OP could consider using an inline list for menu items,
    and correct the markup, p tags are incorrectly distributed/closed.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 5, 2006