open new window

Sonnich

Hi!

I have a asp file, which opens a document into excel (
Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel")

The point is, that it creates my excel document well, but I need:

1) to open another excel file (static) at the same time, to I get the
created file and a new one too.

2) some way to put in a script there, or use a base with a script in
it, preferable some way to trigger the script.

Any ideas?

Sonnich

John Timney \( MVP \)

You cant pass back script and an obect to the same window - your response
type wont permit it, so you will have to work out another way. You can
always try to respond with javascript to call an open window function
(twice) with arguments for which excel file to load, and stream back to each
window - and a message to say "please wait - opening excel files" in the
winow your currently responding your content type into.