Open Source Developers' Conference 2007 - Brisbane - Call for Papers

Discussion in 'Python' started by Richard Jones, May 29, 2007.

  1. Call for Papers
    ---------------

    Open Source Developers' Conference 2007 - Brisbane, Australia
    "Success in Development & Business"

    OSDC is a grass-roots conference providing Open Source developers with
    an opportunity to meet, share, learn, and of course show-off. OSDC
    focuses on Open Source developers building solutions directly for customers
    and other end users, anything goes as long as the code or the development
    platform is Open Source. Last year's conference attracted over 180 people, 60
    talks, and 6 tutorials. Entry for delegates is kept easy by maintaining a low
    registration fee (approx $300), which always includes the conference
    dinner.

    This year OSDC will be held in Brisbane from the 26th to the 29th of
    November, with an extra dedicated stream for presentations on Open
    Source business development, case studies, software process, and project
    management. The theme for this year's conference is "Success in
    Development & Business". If you are an Open Source maintainer, developer or
    user we would encourage you to submit a talk proposal on the open-source
    tools, solutions, technologies, or languages you are working with.

    Previous years have included numerous talks on topics such as:

    - FOSS Software Development Tools, Software Process and Project Management
    - Languages/Platforms: C/C++, Java, C#/Mono/OSS.Net
    - Scripting: Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby
    - Databases
    - Education
    - Web Technologies
    - Emerging Technologies and Innovation

    For more details and to submit your proposal(s), see
    http://osdc.com.au/papers/cfp.html

    If you have any questions or require assistance with your submission,
    please don't hesitate to ask!

    We recognise the increasing importance of Open Source in providing a
    medium for collaboration between individuals, researchers, business and
    government. In recognition of this, we offer optional peer-review for
    those members of our community who desire it. We are still finalising
    our review board, in addition to which those requesting peer-review will
    be asked to contribute reviews for up to three papers.

    OSDC 2007 Brisbane - Key Program Dates
    --------------------------------------

    30 Jun - Proposals deadline
    31 Jul - Proposal acceptance
    31 Aug - Submission deadline
    15 Sep - Peer-review response (optional)
    30 Sep - Final version for proceedings

    26 Nov - OSDC 2007 Tutorials
    27-29 Nov - OSDC 2007 Main Conference!

    For all information, contacts and updates, see the OSDC conference web
    site at http://osdc.com.au/

    Sponsorship

    We gratefully acknowledge the following companies for their early commitment
    in sponsoring OSDC 2007:

    - Apress (http://apress.com/)
    - Common Ground (http://commongroundgroup.com/)
    - Google (http://google.com.au/)