Opening a pop-up from a pop-up

Howard Martin

I have a site at http://www.honeyantgallery.com which shows paintings
by Australian Aboriginal artists. A visitor can click on a thumbnail
of a painting and an enlarged version pops up in a new window.

The client now wants to add close-up details of paintings to be linked
from the pop-up but I can't get the pop-up to create another pop-up -
the close-up detail opens in the same window and looks silly.

Is there a way to achieve this? The only artist for whom a close-up
has been uploaded is Andrew Spencer Tjapaltjarri so it will be
necessary to click on "Paintings" and select him from the drop down
list of artists.

Howard

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Howard Martin ([email protected]) feverishly
typed...
I have a site at http://www.honeyantgallery.com which shows paintings
by Australian Aboriginal artists. A visitor can click on a thumbnail
of a painting and an enlarged version pops up in a new window.

The client now wants to add close-up details of paintings to be linked
from the pop-up but I can't get the pop-up to create another pop-up -
the close-up detail opens in the same window and looks silly.

Here's an idea... You currently show the artwork in the popup with a link
above saying "click for close-up detail". How about, that link shows a
similar page in the same window (not another popup) showing the closeup
image with a similar link above saying "return to overview" or something
similar?

Also, follow the advice about not using javascript as your link address. Try
something like

'311'); return false;">blah</a>

Hope that helps,
Nige

Howard Martin

Here's an idea... You currently show the artwork in the popup with a link
Also, follow the advice about not using javascript as your link address. Try
something like
Many thanks, David and Nige. I woke up to an email from the client
saying he is happy with the way it is but I think I will (later today)
follow the advice of both of you.

Howard