OpenOpt 0.21 (free optimization framework)

Neal Becker

Is it easy_install able? I got:

sudo easy_install -U openopt
Searching for openopt
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/openopt/
Couldn't find index page for 'openopt' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/OpenOpt/
Reading http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OpenOpt
Best match: openopt [unknown version]
Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/sou....tar.bz2#md5=6ba26f9083189e7bf49a318de575bc46
Processing openopt.tar.bz2
Running openopt/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-rnCH9g/openopt/egg-dist-tmp-jxo557
scikits.openopt 0.18.dev is already the active version in easy-install.pth

Installed /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scikits.openopt-0.18.dev-py2.5.egg

Sounds like the wrong version?

larrydag

Hi all,
OpenOpt 0.21, free optimization framework (license: BSD) with some own
solvers and connections to tens of 3rd party ones, has been released.

All details here:

http://openopt.blogspot.com/2008/12/openopt-release-021.html

Regards, OpenOpt developers.

Demitry,

I love hearing about new implementations of free and open source
operations research software. In fact I've made an update to my blog
to notify about your new release.

I suggest you may want to make an announcement at the comp.lang.python
Usenet group. You could probably get some interest in python
development from that group.

Larry
http://industrialengineertools.blogspot.com/

skip

Larry> I suggest you may want to make an announcement at the
Larry> comp.lang.python Usenet group. You could probably get some
Larry> interest in python development from that group.

Larry,

Apparently you read the (e-mail address removed) mailing list. That list is
bidirectionally gatewayed with the comp.lang.python Usenet newsgroup. If
OpenOpt was announced on the mailing list then it was also announced on the
newsgroup.