openssl examples and docs

Ara.T.Howard

any pointers other than the cvs site and rdoc stuff?

-a
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| --Dogen

Jamis Buck

Ara.T.Howard said:
any pointers other than the cvs site and rdoc stuff?

-a

My experience with Net::SSH was that there is pitifully little helpful
documentation for the OpenSSL ruby module. :( I finally had to go to
http://www.openssl.org and read those docs, and then dig into the ruby
module source code to see how it corresponded to the OpenSSL API... it
was not very fun.

If you have any specific questions, I may be able to help. There are a
few others on this list that are much more proficient at it than I am,
though, and they will almost certainly be able to answer anything that I
can't.

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck
(e-mail address removed)

Paul Duncan

--uI9S8aIOhfZRGnE0

* Jamis Buck ([email protected]) said:
=20
My experience with Net::SSH was that there is pitifully little helpful
documentation for the OpenSSL ruby module. :( I finally had to go to
http://www.openssl.org and read those docs, and then dig into the ruby
module source code to see how it corresponded to the OpenSSL API... it
was not very fun.

In my experience, looking for documentation on the less commonly used
functions in OpenSSL (the OCSP API, for example), is a frustrating
experience.
If you have any specific questions, I may be able to help. There are a=20
few others on this list that are much more proficient at it than I am,=20
though, and they will almost certainly be able to answer anything that I= =20
can't.
=20
- Jamis
=20
--=20
Jamis Buck
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.jamisbuck.org/jamis
=20

Shouldn't that be "until I get to 7"?

--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--uI9S8aIOhfZRGnE0

--uI9S8aIOhfZRGnE0--

Paul Duncan

--fK3V1lYkOC7b6W9K

* Paul Duncan ([email protected]) wrote:
[snipped]
In my experience, looking for documentation on the less commonly used
functions in OpenSSL (the OCSP API, for example), is a frustrating
experience.

Pardon my redundant redundancy :D.

[snipped]
--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--fK3V1lYkOC7b6W9K

--fK3V1lYkOC7b6W9K--

Jamis Buck

Paul said:
* Jamis Buck ([email protected]) wrote:

Shouldn't that be "until I get to 7"?

Depends on how you are understanding "until". :) Pseudocode:

i = 0
until i == 8
puts "%o" % i
i += 1
end
puts "%d" % i

It's probably time to change my sig, anyway. I've been getting too many
raised eyebrows from it. :) It was meant humorously.

--
Jamis Buck
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.jamisbuck.org/jamis

Carl Youngblood

It's probably time to change my sig, anyway. I've been getting too many
raised eyebrows from it. :) It was meant humorously.

I find that sigs pigeonhole me, much like bumper stickers or T-shirts
with slogans. I try to avoid them.

Paul Duncan

--9j/QU+CmmrcVJkVI

* Jamis Buck ([email protected]) said:
=20
Depends on how you are understanding "until". :) Pseudocode:
=20
i =3D 0
until i =3D=3D 8
puts "%o" % i
i +=3D 1
end
puts "%d" % i

I see an opportunity for golfing!

puts (0..8).map { |i| (i < 8 ? '%o' : '%d') % i }
It's probably time to change my sig, anyway. I've been getting too many= =20
raised eyebrows from it. :) It was meant humorously.

I think it's funny :D.
--=20
Jamis Buck
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.jamisbuck.org/jamis
=20

--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--9j/QU+CmmrcVJkVI

--9j/QU+CmmrcVJkVI--

Ara.T.Howard

I find that sigs pigeonhole me, much like bumper stickers or T-shirts
with slogans. I try to avoid them.

luckily for me i'm a pigeon.

;-)

-a
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| --Dogen

Jamis Buck

Carl said:
I find that sigs pigeonhole me, much like bumper stickers or T-shirts
with slogans. I try to avoid them.

To each his own. I find them fun, or thought-provoking. Some of the best
laughs I've had have been reading sig-lines on Slashdot posts. :)

- Jamis

David Ross

what information are you looking for specifically?

--dross

--- "Ara.T.Howard said:
any pointers other than the cvs site and rdoc stuff?

-a
| EMAIL :: Ara [dot] T [dot] Howard [at] noaa
[dot] gov
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| --Dogen
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Eric Hodel

--Apple-Mail-3--333421738

any pointers other than the cvs site and rdoc stuff?

What kind of things are you looking to do with it?

WEBrick uses OpenSSL for SSL/TLS, and the DRbSSL protocol uses it to
perform both server verification and client authentication. There are
several examples in the /samples/openssl directory, as well.

--
Eric Hodel - (e-mail address removed) - http://segment7.net
All messages signed with fingerprint:

--Apple-Mail-3--333421738
name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-3--333421738--

Carl Youngblood

That said, I actually do find many of your guys's sigs quite fun and
thought-provoking. So please ignore my rambling pontifications.