opera and margin

Linda

I was wondering if someone could explain if Opera does not recognise margin
0pt in style sheets? As I seem to have a slight problem with it.

My partner has a Funeral Directors Business, and the site is mainly used by
clients who live abroad or in another part of the country to arrange the
funeral of their loved one before they come back to Cornwall.

I have tested the site in IE, Firefox, Netscape and Opera, and it appears it
is only Opera that leaves this 2 or 3 mill around the edge. It's not a
major problem, but If there is anyone that could come up with any solutions
I would be grateful.

Here is the address:
www.penfalfunerals.co.uk

Many thanks in advance, and have a good day.
Linda

Spartanicus

Linda said:
I was wondering if someone could explain if Opera does not recognise margin
0pt in style sheets?

It does, but browsers can also use default padding on the body element,
Opera does this. Set both the margin and the padding on the body element
to get a similar result to other browsers.

Linda

Spartanicus said:
It does, but browsers can also use default padding on the body element,
Opera does this. Set both the margin and the padding on the body element
to get a similar result to other browsers.

By that I am supposing you mean in the actual html doc as to the css, is
that right?

Linda

Linda

Spartanicus said:
It does, but browsers can also use default padding on the body element,
Opera does this. Set both the margin and the padding on the body element
to get a similar result to other browsers.

That's great, many thanks for that Spartanicus. It works a treat, have a
great day.

Linda

David Dorward

By that I am supposing you mean in the actual html doc as to the css, is
that right?

No, in the style sheet. Just make the selector match the body element of the
document.

Linda

David Dorward said:
No, in the style sheet. Just make the selector match the body element of the
document.

Thank you David, lol... I realised this shortly after writing emails.
Seven year old with ear ache the night before does little to allow the brain
to function properly the next day. :)

Have a great Sunday,
Linda