Operation must use an updatable query

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by David K, May 24, 2004.

  1. David K

    David K Guest

    Hello,

    I've been trying to make my db web applications to work in
    my test server and I keep getting this everytime I try to
    modidy the database:

    Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
    Operation must use an updateable query.

    The curious thing is that in my web hosting provider's
    space it works perfectly. I don't know what's wrong with
    the configuration of my IIS. Any ideas?

    I look at this document (nonsense):
    us;q175168

    Thanks,
    David

    David K, May 24, 2004

  2. David K

    Steven Burn Guest

    Have you checked the permissions for the folder/file's containing the
    DB/site file's?

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, May 24, 2004

  3. David K

    Roland Hall Guest

    :
    : Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
    : Operation must use an updateable query.
    :
    : The curious thing is that in my web hosting provider's
    : space it works perfectly. I don't know what's wrong with
    : the configuration of my IIS. Any ideas?
    :
    : I look at this document (nonsense):
    : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    : us;q175168

    I don't know. Did you dismiss the document since you labeled it nonsense?
    The most common error I've seen with this issue is that the IUSR account
    does not have change [modify] permissions on the folder the database is in.
    You haven't told us what you've done and it's not curious that it works on
    your web host and not on your test server if it is a permissions issue.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, May 24, 2004
  4. http://www.aspfaq.com/2062
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2009

    Why is that KB article nonsense, by the way? Did you mean that you didn't
    understand it? Those are two very different things.

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, May 24, 2004