OT: Individual.net "502 Subscription Expired"?

(Pete Cresswell)

Anybody else getting this message?

I signed up/paid up for a year just a couple months ago.

The message started popping around 18:30 today.

Blinky the Shark

(Pete Cresswell) said:
Anybody else getting this message?

I've been reading Usenet most of the day, and I've not seen any reports
of *paid up* members being locked out until yours.
I signed up/paid up for a year just a couple months ago.
The message started popping around 18:30 today.

18:30 where?

(Pete Cresswell)

Per Blinky the Shark:
I've been reading Usenet most of the day, and I've not seen any reports
of *paid up* members being locked out until yours.

Hopefully it's just me.... but my first reaction was some kind of batch update
commemorating the end of free service - that went wrong...

Joker7

message
: (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
:
: > Anybody else getting this message?
:
: I've been reading Usenet most of the day, and
I've not seen any reports
: of *paid up* members being locked out until
yours.
:
<snip>

With the loss of Individual free service last
night, is there a reliable free text service
available that would be a good replacement.

Chris

Dylan Parry

Joker7 said:
With the loss of Individual free service last
night, is there a reliable free text service
available that would be a good replacement.

I don't know of any, but n.i.n is good value for money IMHO. It's nice
and cheap, and over the years they have provided an almost faultless
service.

Arne

Once said:
message
: (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
:
: > Anybody else getting this message?
:
: I've been reading Usenet most of the day, and
I've not seen any reports
: of *paid up* members being locked out until
yours.
:
<snip>

With the loss of Individual free service last
night, is there a reliable free text service
available that would be a good replacement.

*news.x-privat.org* is one but ...... this morning, an incredible
slow-down. Almost to the point that it's not responding at all....

According to x-privat FAQ, the newsserver can only support a total of
500 users connected at the same time. I'll guess they get a lot more
new user just "over the night", so no wonder about the slow-down. :)

I'll stick to n.i.n since it's good value for the money, maybee even
more value now when the freebes left LOL!

--
/Arne

Blinky the Shark

Joker7 said:
message
: (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
:
: > Anybody else getting this message?
:
: I've been reading Usenet most of the day, and
I've not seen any reports
: of *paid up* members being locked out until
yours.
:
<snip>
With the loss of Individual free service last
night, is there a reliable free text service
available that would be a good replacement.

I don't know; for a dollar a month to retain individual.net,
I didn't bother looking.

PeteCresswell

I don't know; for a dollar a month to retain individual.net,
I didn't bother looking.

That was my reaction too. Looking into Individual, it seems to me
like it's a class act.

Having said that, I am unable to find where I can check my account
status. Any idea where to look?

Also, looks to me like it's not any kind of systemic/batch problem bc
their support got right back to me. My problem is still unresolved,
but if there were tens of thousands - or even thousands or hunddreds -
of people affected I'd guess they could not have gotten back to me so
promptly.

Blinky the Shark

PeteCresswell said:
On 1 Apr 2005 17:26:28 GMT, Blinky the Shark <[email protected]>
wrote:
That was my reaction too. Looking into Individual, it seems to me
like it's a class act.
Having said that, I am unable to find where I can check my account
status. Any idea where to look?

I've never seen any kind of account status page. I never thought about
that, but that would seem to be kind of odd now that you bring it up.
Maybe now that they've gone retail they'll add something.
Also, looks to me like it's not any kind of systemic/batch problem bc

That's good to hear.
their support got right back to me. My problem is still unresolved,
but if there were tens of thousands - or even thousands or hunddreds -
of people affected I'd guess they could not have gotten back to me so
promptly.

Yeah, that would be my conclusion, too. I hope we're right.