OT: Looking for a good, free and simple XHTML editor

Tomasz

Hi Everybody!

I am looking for some good, free and *simple* xml/xhtml editor I could
recommend my students. Yes, I know about Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
Edition, but I mean *simple*. I teach an introductory class and most of my
students would be overwhelmed.

Thanks for any hints,
TJ

Tomasz

Thank you for the advice. However, my question was directed to those who
know.

Googling, installing and testing takes a lot time. It may seem like there is
lot of stuff out there but trust me, yesterday I spend 4 hours I found
nothing free and acceptable.

Tomasz

Rick

I highly recommend Altova XMLSpy.

You can edit virtually any well formed xml, do transformations and much
more.

They have a free version that has an add popup when opening, but one button
click and you're off and running.

Rick

Tomasz

I used to use this product before but it seems like it is no longer
available for download and currently they only offer 30-day trial.

Tomasz

Tomasz

Although I value every opinion, I would like to point out that voluntarily
posting baseless personal comments to the Usenet indicates the lowest level
of professionalism.

Tomasz