[OT] Which NG for Intel compiler?

Bob Hairgrove

Very sorry for being OT this time ... can anyone please direct me to a
Usenet group which discusses the Intel C++ compiler? I've looked
around in Google but can't seem to find any.

There is a forum on the Intel site, but I can't seem to post any
messages although I have registered for premium support. I'm having
problems installing the trial version on Windows ("brazos.html" is
hanging), and there are lots of others with the same problem. The only
solution offered by the Intel folks is "wait for version 9.1".

But how can I try out the trial version if I can't install it? Thought
someone may know of a quick fix ... anybody?

Thank you.

Victor Bazarov

Bob said:
Very sorry for being OT this time ... can anyone please direct me to a
Usenet group which discusses the Intel C++ compiler? I've looked
around in Google but can't seem to find any.
[...]

You are not off-topic, just to put you at ease. Asking where to ask
relates to topicality and is always on topic.

I recommend start in the newsgroup that covers your OS. Perhaps they
already use that compiler and perhaps they know the newsgroup you seek.
In any case, questions on particular implementations are definitely
less off-topical in platform newsgroup, AFAICT.