    few hundred down on registered version off of ebay.

    Just soliciting other opinions to what might be good/bad about
    upgrading.

    Rick Osborn, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Rick Osborn

    nos Guest

    Re: Windows 2003 vs. XP Pro, worth the upgrade?

    "Rick Osborn" <> wrote in message
    > This may be way off topic, but I want to deploy/run Websphere full
    > version
    > (not trial Express). I have eval 2003 and was thinking of plunking
    > few hundred down on registered version off of ebay.
    >
    > Just soliciting other opinions to what might be good/bad about
    > upgrading.

    Be sure you get the secret code, if one is needed, to run the program.
    And, for all this money, that you can officially register it, and obtain
    upgrades (student versions of some MS software don't allow upgrade.)

    nos, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Rick Osborn

    Sudsy Guest

    Rick Osborn wrote:
    > This may be way off topic, but I want to deploy/run Websphere full
    > version
    > (not trial Express). I have eval 2003 and was thinking of plunking
    > few hundred down on registered version off of ebay.
    >
    > Just soliciting other opinions to what might be good/bad about
    > upgrading.

    Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen! Guess what IBM's
    question is going to be the first time you call for customer
    support: what's your customer number? You don't have one?
    You didn't buy the software from us? Sorry...
    Licenses are generally non-transferable (check the fine
    print). And considering WebSphere sells for about US$35K,
    well, the software might or might not run, and who knows
    how long the license is good for? And if you're not the
    original licensee then you probably won't be able to get
    upgrades.
    Suggestion: look for something cheap/free if you don't need
    the bulletproof capabilities of WebSphere or be prepared to
    pay full price.
    IMHO, "used" software is often just a scam, an attempt to
    separate you from your hard-earned dollars. YMMV

    Sudsy, Dec 26, 2003