Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:48:03 -0700
From: Mail Delivery System <[email protected]>
To: (e-mail address removed)

(e-mail address removed)
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
host mail.sourceforge.net [66.35.250.206]: 550-Postmaster verification failed while checking <[email protected]>
550-(result of earlier verification reused).
550-Several RFCs state that you are required to have a postmaster
550-mailbox for each mail domain. This host does not accept mail
550-from domains whose servers reject the postmaster address.
550 Sender verify failed

Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 10:48:10 +0200
From: Tertius Cronje <[email protected]>
To: (e-mail address removed)

Dennis Lee Bieber

Tertius Cronje fed this fish to the penguins on Tuesday 14 October 2003
12:40 pm:
I am unable to register a new email on the jython user-list. Seems the
mailserver tries to verify my sending email when tringing to confirm.
As I read the message, it is trying to verify that

(e-mail address removed)

exists and receives mail -- probably for purposes of reporting
violations by subscribers.
550-Several RFCs state that you are required to have a postmaster
550-mailbox for each mail domain.

If "ananzi.co.za" is your own registered machine, you need to
create/accept email sent to "postmaster@..."

If the machine is not your own, but part of some service provider
company, the complaint will need to be taken up with their management,
as they are violating common practice.

Tertius

Dennis said:
Tertius Cronje fed this fish to the penguins on Tuesday 14 October 2003
12:40 pm:

As I read the message, it is trying to verify that

(e-mail address removed)

exists and receives mail -- probably for purposes of reporting
violations by subscribers.

If "ananzi.co.za" is your own registered machine, you need to
create/accept email sent to "postmaster@..."

If the machine is not your own, but part of some service provider
company, the complaint will need to be taken up with their management,
as they are violating common practice.
Thanks