    Where would I find the DLL /EXE for my WebProject . The bin folder has only
    reference DLLs . I need this to run my FxCop

    Thanks

    anonymous, Sep 11, 2006

  2. Once you build your web project the .dll for it will be in the bin folder
    also and will have the same name as the web project itself.

    Regards,

    --
    S. Justin Gengo
    Web Developer / Programmer

    Free code library:
    http://www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzsche

    S. Justin Gengo, Sep 11, 2006

  3. anonymous

    anonymous Guest

    Sorry Justin

    It is not happening so.

    I did build and Rebuild few times to find it

    I am using VS 2005 and it is running it using the internal webserver when I
    run the app

    "S. Justin Gengo" <> wrote in
    message news:%...

    anonymous, Sep 11, 2006
  4. Have you tried publishing your web site ?
    You can select a folder to publish to.

    "Publish" is in the "Build" menu in VS 2005,
    just under "Rebuild" which you have been using.

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/20yh9f1b.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 11, 2006
  5. Hi,

    anonymous wrote:
    > Sorry for this silly question.
    >
    > Where would I find the DLL /EXE for my WebProject . The bin folder has only
    > reference DLLs . I need this to run my FxCop
    >
    > Thanks

    In the new ASP.NET 2.0 website model, there isn't necessarily a DLL. The
    code can also be uploaded to the webserver and be compiled on demand.

    If you want a DLL, you can publish your website (Build / Publish web
    site) to another folder. This will create a DLL with a unique (and
    cryptic) name in the bin folder.

    Another option (which I prefer) is to use the Web Application Project,
    which gives you total control over the DLL, just like it was in VS2003
    and ASP.NET 1.1
    http://webproject.scottgu.com/

    HTH,
    Laurent