Output folder for my ASP 2.0 Web Site.

Daniel Bello Urizarri

Hello:

Im developing a web service in ASP Net 2.0 using Visual Studio 2005, and I
want it to get compiled to dlls, so I can distribute it and nobody can
change it.

My main problem is to get the site compliled.. From Visual Studio, on the
project's Propety Pages\MSBuild options, you can set an output folder, and
uncheck "Allow this precompiled site to be updatable"... The output folder
is allways empty (it does'n even exists).

I also try building the site from the command line, and I get the following
error:

c:\Projects\f2latinoserver\latinoserver\viewer\ServerViewer.ascx.cs(7):
error CS
0246: The type or namespace name 'OLatino' could not be found (are you
missing a
using directive or an assembly reference?)

Do I have to set all the references I use on the Web.config file just by
hand???
I prefer to think that I'm missing somthing basic.
Please Help!!

Jon

When its time to deploy the website, right click the project and select
publish. Choose a location and use what is created there.

Jon

Daniel Bello Urizarri

And is there any way of debugging on te IIS?

My application works fine on thr Developer Server, but fails on the iis (iis
6 ws 2003)

Scott Allen

I also try building the site from the command line, and I get the following
error:

You won't be able to precompile the site if you have an error. If you
can share the code we might be able to tell you what you are missing.
Is OLatino a namespace in a class library or third party assembly?