Page culture and Atlas Callback

Muralidharan Ramakrishnan

Hi,

1) I have a Asp.net 2.0 web form and with 2 labels in it. The first label
is loaded from a local resource at App_LocalResourcesFolder.

2) The page has both culture and uiculture set to "auto" . I have localised
one language ta-IN apart from en-US (base language)

3) I have a static method in the page which returns a string value from a
resource file in App_GlobalResources folder. I call this method with Atlas
on click of a button.

4) The returned string is assigned to the second label

5) My internet explorer's language preferences are set as "ta-IN" first and
then "en-US"

Now for some reason all the atlas call back returns only english strings and
i debugged to find the system.threading.thread.currentthread.currentculture
and UIculture during atlas callback are always set to "en-US".

However the first label which loads the value during normal page load works
correctly. i.e the strings from the localised file are loaded as expected
with appropriate langauge. Only atlas call backs do not realise the page
culture correctly.

Does atlas support globalization? if yes, what should i do to enable it?? I
googled to find there is a property called "EnableScriptGlobalization" for
script manager but couldn't find any with mine. I use Ajax Extensions for
Asp.net Beta 1.

Look forward to your replies.