page directive moves each time I view html

Mark

We have an ASP.NET 1.1 project in VSS. We have one page where a small
snippet of the .aspx code MOVES each time you flip from HTML view to Design
view. This results in it 1) always asking us if we want to save our
changes, and 2) always prompts us to check out the files from VSS. Below
are the two versions that if flips back and forth between. Changing the
order of the header/footer does not make a difference. Any ideas on how to
make it stop?

Thanks in advance!
-Mark

**** OPTION 1 ****

<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="default_authorized.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="myNamespace.default_authorized" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="header" Src="header.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="footer" Src="footer.ascx" %>

**** OPTION 2 ****

<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="footer" Src="footer.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="header" Src="header.ascx" %>
<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="default_authorized.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="myNamespace.default_authorized" %>

Andy Fish

yup, join the club - I have exactly the same problem. I tend to work with
all the files writable and I don't use the VSS integration so it's not so
much of a hassle.

I beleive it's one of a large class of problems that are to do with the way
that Design View and HTML view work, that can't be fixed until whidbey. I
have one form where all the event hookups in InitializeComponent disappear
whenever I switch to design view and back.